Friday, August 31, 2012

A Look at the Damage (photos)

It's officially been 2.5 days since I last had power. Overall things are too bad, but the lack of sleep is getting to me.  Luckily Tulane still has free food, without it I think I would be in a lot worse shape.  Anyway, here are some pictures I took walking around after the storm hit.  I couldn't go very far because of all the down power lines (most of which are still down today). Some pictures are a little blurry because or rain on the lens.
Travis walking down our street

Big tree that fell right on a power line next to our house.  I'm guessing this is why I don't have power.

Here's me standing next to it for perspective.

Emergency Trucks are already out an about, but they won't do anything until the peak winds get below 35mph

Willow street is covered in oak leaves
Not so much

A lot of fences didn't make it

My neighbors lost some of their plaster?!


No comments:

Post a Comment