Since the storm hit, it's hasn't been too bad - we lost power, but luckily our water has been going strong. We had friends over most of the time so we've been in good company. We've been telling a lot of ghost stories (no one has every heard of "bloody fingers" before! Can you believe it?!) and playing card games. Oddly enough, we found out dominoes was open until 5pm on Tuesday so we ordered 7 large pizzas. That alone got us through the next 24 hours.
| At the time, I did not realize that Dominoes would be saving our lives |
The house has become moderately bearable, we opened the front door and the back door and got a nice breeze going through the house. Unfortunately it's so humid that everything feels wet and sticky. It's tolerable during the day, but has been making it really hard to sleep at night. That and the noise coming from our neighbors generator. Luckily I read up on hurricane preparation, so we were pretty well prepared. The candles were extremely handy - we have a couple of flashlights but it was nice to have some extra light. The guardian angel candles were nice because they were in a jar and protected from the wind, and the handleabra that I made in pottery gave off a TON of light. I also had a hurricane lamp which has been getting a lot of use.
Internet is limited, I'll have to finish in another post
No comments:
Post a Comment