Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Afternoon

I finished up my work and headed home on my bike.  There are students out and about, things on campus look relatively normal (with the exception of the occasional scientist running somewhere with a cooler full of something that needs to be kept frozen).

I got home and started boiling water and cleaning out my coolers.  I figure I can store water in the coolers, as there is a good chance we won't have water for a while (and if we do it might be contaminated). We are expecting to loose power at this point, I hope the gas stays on.

I decided I should stock up on supplies.  I've heard that most of the grocery stores are completely out of water and most chips/snacks.  I headed to Save a lot, hoping it would be less overpicked.  As I cross claiborne, I can see traffic out of the city is already backed up - I can't imagine what the interstate is like.  The roads leading into the city are amazingly clear.   As I'm driving down carrolton, I can see that most businesses are already boarded up - save-a-lot included.  Luckily they are still open, indeed the parking lot is completely full. Luckily they have what I want - bottles of water, canned beans and veggies, chips, granola bars, bread, PB and bananas. The old man at the check out said they had been busy since 9am this morning, and they are going to be open tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment